In This Section.
- Breaking News 2.
- TRR Welcomes Allied Bowling to its Family of Advertisers as #78 “They Build Bowling”.
- Instant Gratification Data on Prizes.
- IAAPA Quickie Recap – 35,000+ Attendees – Best IAAPA in Two Decades!
- Kevin Williams KWP (Stinger Report) IAAPA Observations.
- Test Games Update for WE 11-18-16 (Average Per Game Revenue $726 on 76 Games) and WE 11-23-16 raw date just came in.
- Crazy Claw Continues to Rank Up There with the Big Boy Games.
- Foundations Entertainment University Announces 2 Dates so far for 2017 – its 15th Year!
- Games TRR Will be Testing ASAP.
- Top Redemption & Merchandiser Prizes November 2016.
- Industry Events 2017.
AEM has analyzed the ticket point values of all of the prizes redeemed at one of our huge Arcades at a major amusement theme park for 2016 season. Here are the results:
- 4 point prizes ranked #1 with 32,000 prizes redeemed
- 15 point prizes ranked #2 with 15,750 prizes redeemed
- 10 point prizes ranked #3 with 11,500 prizes redeemed
- 500 points and above only 5000 prizes were redeemed
Conclusion: You still need to have a huge variety of different point values but when people are on vacation and at a theme park all day, they for sure go for the small ticket values. Almost all of the higher point prizes were redeemed by season pass holders.
This IAAPA kept the TRR Team extremely busy. Cameraman Yaroslav Sobko (GameTrade) filmed more than 60 videos while I video interviewed 40+ companies and spent many hours in both the Sacoa and Benchmark booths explaining the new Crazy Claw Jr. game and having dozens of meetings with AEM clients. Meanwhile, the AEM Team was out on the floor checking out all of the new games and FEC attractions. Here is a quick recap of what we liked in no particular order:
- Crazy Tower 4 Pl (Adrenaline) – most talked about redemption game. TRR has been testing this game prior to IAAPA.
- Cruis’n Blast Sit Down Driver (Raw Thrills/Betson/Namco) – most talked about video game.
- The Walking Dead (Raw Thrills/Betson/Namco) – most talked about environmental cabinet video game.
- Space Invaders Frenzy (Raw Thrills/Betson/Namco) – most talked about video redemption game.
- Crazy Claw Jr. (Rocket Amusements) – dozens of chain locations, factories, and distributors committed to testing this versatile game as it was built for both the FEC and Street market (low cost, small footprint, tickets or capsules). TRR has been testing this new model prior to IAAPA.
- Launch Code (Team Play) – Winner of the IAAPA Brass Ring – TRR has been testing this game prior to IAAPA.
- Diamonds & Pearls 6 Pl Pusher (Elaut) – Maybe can top Wizard of Oz 6 Pl which has been the #1 Game in the Industry for the past several years!
- Let’s Bounce (LAI) – redemption game.
- Jersey Wheels (Bob’s Space Racers/Jennison) – redemption game.
- Daytona 3 Championship USA (Sega) – updated Daytona sit down driver.
- Heat Wave (Benchmark) – redemption or capsule vendor.
- Bean Bag Toss (ICE) – redemption game.
- DC Comics Super Heros (Namco) – 4 player pusher.
- Monster Mash (Family Fun) – redemption game.
- Maximum Tune 5 (Namco).
- Hyper Shoot Basketball (LAI).
- Ninja Warrior Course (Adventure Solutions) – drew the largest crowds of any FEC attraction.
- Escape Room (Studio 41b) – Very small footprint (size of a party room) great value.
- VR Omni Arena (UNIS) – Drew lots of attention, lines all week long.
- Laser Maze (Funovation) – Ninja guy was terrific.
- Laser Tag Pro (Laser Tag Pro) – Tactical laser tag – lots of guns, lots of players.
- Scene Machine (Apple Face Place) – Winner of the IAAPA Brass Ring.
1. IAAPA reveals the importance of prominent license IP for products and facility branding, with a number of exhibitors such as TRIOTECH, Raw Thrills, and Sally rushing to develop attractions and games based on the AMC The Walking Dead property.
2. Virtual Reality dominates the technology thrust for new ideas at IAAPA, with Holocube from new start-up making a big impact, along with the OMNI ARENA from Universal Space bringing VR to eSports, and off-site Main Event runs a soft opening of their V-Play backpack VR experience.
3. The attraction technology of Flying Theaters proves a major draw for a number of ride manufacturers. Now TRIOTECH is developing their new ‘THE FLYER’ system that offers a scalable approach to this platform so smaller venues can consider adding the Soaring style experience to their facility.
4. Re-imagining previous video amusement successes is the order of the day on the IAAPA show floor with SEGA re-imaging Daytona USA, Raw Thrills creating a new version of Cruis’n USA and even Space Invaders and the 1976 smash BREAKOUT get the Videmption treatment.
5. Interactive project technology sees boost in interest at Florida attraction show, new company TouchMagix launches MagixFloor offering a new virtual playground that is now monetized using a kiosk that takes payment and vends tickets.
6. Turning softplay into a compelling game, through a unique interactive playsystem developed by JB Inflatables, using interactive buttons and a scoring computer system to even turn inflatables into a repeat enjoyment game system.
7. Pinball trends heavily at IAAPA with new pinball tables from STERN Pinball, Jersey Jack Pinball, and Chicargo Gaming – while digital pinball makes a strong appearance from Arcade Factory, ARCOODA and Benchmark, showing video pintables.
Test Games Update for WE 11-18-16 (Average Per Game Revenue $726 on 76 Games) and WE 11-23-16 raw date just came in
- Crazy Tower – $800 @ 27% Rank #22 / WE 11-23-16 $1,698 @ 30% Rank #12
- Pop the Lock – $771 @ 32% Rank #23 / WE 11-23-16 $1,120 @ 13% Rank #30
- Launch Code – $612 @ 47% Rank #33 / WE 11-23-16 $750 @ 47% Rank #50
- Shooty Skies – $374 @ 29% Rank #53 / WE 11-23-16 $904 @ 20% Rank #40
|CRAZY CLAW RANKS #4 OUT OF 71 GAMES -4th WEEK OF TESTING NEW MODEL|
|TOP 10 GAMES AT MID WEST FEC TEST LOCATION WE 11-14-16|
|Disco Fever 6 Pl Pusher||#1||Revenue||Payout %|
|Big Bass Wheel Pro||#3||$1,375||26%|
|CRAZY CLAW 2 PL||#4||$1,233||30%|
|Down the Clown||#5||$914|
|Fish Bowl Frenzy||#8||$819|
|Super Shot Basketball||#9||$823|
August 8-11, Chicago, IL.
Foundations Team is working on a 3rd program that has not yet been finalized.
- DC Comics Super Heroes 4 Pl
- Space Invaders Frenzy
- Jersey Wheels
- Baseball Pro Jr. (small version)
- Let’s Bounce (LAI)
- Cruis’n Blast
- Crazy Claw Jr.
- Water Gun Fun 5 Pl (BSR)
Top Redemption & Merchandiser Prizes November 2016
Star Wars Rogue 1 – The latest installment of the Star Wars movie series, Rogue 1, opens in theaters December 16th. Rogue 1 follows on the heels of last year’s top-grossing movie, Star Wars Episode 7, and is sure to be the hit of the coming Christmas season. HMS Monaco offers operators an extensive line of licensed Star Wars plush (HMS is the ‘exclusive’ amusement industry distributor), as well as a premier line of Star Wars novelties.
Pokemon Plush and Novelties – With the phenomenal success of the Pokemon Go App, interest in Pokemon characters continues to grow. HMS Monaco offers the latest in Pokemon plush and plush backpacks, trading cards, and novelties.
Licensed Team Sport Bags and Apparel – Available in NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, and NCAA, HMS has a new line of major league sport team bags and accessories. Support your pro teams using these flashy and useful items that include lunch totes, cooler bags, backpacks, duffle bags, gloves, and scarves. We also offer pro team snapback hats for most major league teams. Call for information regarding in stock availability and our special order programs.
Retail Plush Closeouts – Beverly Hills Teddy Bear Company, Glitzy, and Gund are among the finest manufacturers of plush toys. HMS is fortunate to have access to their plush closeouts, making them available at extremely attractive prices. Perfect to wow your customers in redemption centers and cranes.
New Emoji Themed Products – Emoji plush and novelties have been one of our strongest selling themes this past year. As such, we’re continuing to expand our line, now adding winter time items including Emoji hats and glove sets, and ear muffs, as well as Emoji slippers for kids and adults, and new styles of pillows.
Ann Krull, Redemption Sales Manager
“IAAPA was extremely successful for us,” reports Ann Krull, A&A Global’s Redemption Sales Manager. “At A&A Global, we offer more variety and more profit to our customers. We just released an awesome series of plush, ‘Neon Monkeys in Shades. In addition, we expanded our amusement ball collection offering 30 different series, ranging in sizes from 3 inches to 18 inches. Our merchandisers and prize kits are really gaining huge traction. We’re building on this momentum as we continue to bring our customers hot redemption pieces.”
- Cra-Z-Art Lite Brix Mall (CALB): Build your own Lite Brix City with this interlocking building set.
- Wham-O Beach Frisbee Asst (FRISBEE): The Wham-O Malibu Frisbee is available in assorted colors and designs.
- Girl Scout Oven (GSOVEN): The Girl Scouts Cookie Oven isn’t just a real working oven – It’s quite possibly the best kid’s oven in the marketplace! With the Girl Scouts Cookie Oven, kids will learn how to mix, measure and bake their favorite Girl Scout Cookie inspired treats. The oven comes complete with baking pan, spatula, measuring tool, and a Thin Mints starter mix to bake cookies that remind you of the real thing!
- Hexbug Nano Asst (HEXNANO): This are lifelike insects that defy gravity! How cool?!
- Littlest Pet Shop Mini Style (LPSMINI): The Littlest Pet Shio is an easy-to-build system that lets girls create, decorate, style, and collect to tell their own unique stories. Girls can also download the LPS Your World app to bring their world to life digitally and design it just the way they like it. Littlest Pet Shop Your World app works with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and select Androids.
- Wham-O Snow Sling (SLING): Launch snowballs incredibly far with this snowball slingshot from Wham-o! Great fun for the family!
- Terrian Role Play Sword: (TERRWP): Terraria Night’s Edge Sword is the perfect weapon to help defend your Pre-Hardmode home! It is a life-size, 24-inch, lightweight Terraria sword. Made of soft EVA foam.
- The Good Dinosaur Figure 2pk Asst (TGDFIG): The Good Dinosaur figures by Tomy are packaged 2 per pack. These poseable figures come with a collectible prehistoric critter. Perch them onto Forrest Woodbush’s horns!
- Uggly’s Pet Shop Asst (UGGPET): The Ugglys Pet Shop proves that gross things come in small packages. Start your Gross Home Collection with the Ugglys Pet Shop, which comes with an exclusive Monkey figurine! Invite your friends to come play at the grossest home they have ever been to! Pack includes 1 Playset, 1 Exclusive Figurine, and an instruction manual.
Gerry Mollina, Corporate Sales Associate
Order Hotline: 866-403-6555
Trolls continue to be our top seller. We are currently sold out but more product will arrive in late December.
Trolls Plush & Novelty Hats available in the following sizes:
- 8”-12” Assortment
- 11”-18” Assortment
- Novelty Hats (one size fits all)
Meg Bonnichsen, Sales
Corporate Sales Support
Do You REALLY know what prizes are being selected at your counter?
The “Quick Audit” service offered by RI Novelty has become well received and most audits are referred to us from clients that have had their operation reviewed.
The findings of user locations have PROVEN to be of great benefit to many owners and contrary to what the industry experts often speak about. “The summary RI Novelty prepared and presented really opened my eyes and altered my approach to my prize center”, says Peter from Texas.
If you feel you could benefit from our experience and results oriented approach, let’s meet to discuss the details. If you are currently using your POS system reports to monitor and manage your operation, Keep up the great work!
There is no cost for this service or visitation and one does not have to be an active customer of RI Novelty. All data and information is strictly confidential, unless a written OK is extended.
Open YOUR eyes to YOUR real data and you will SAVE money and have satisfied customer as well.
Segment provided to us:
RHODE ISLAND NOVELTY TOP ITEMS FOR NOVEMBER 2016
|ITEM CODE||DESCRIPTION||UM||CS PACK||CS PRICE/UM||CS PRICE/PC|
|CA-FANEM||10″ EMOTICON FOLDING FAN||DZ||100||$0.90||$0.08|
|BA-STRTO||1.25″ STRETCH TONGUE SILLY FACE BALL 50PCS/UNIT||UNIT||10||$7.20||$0.14|
|CA-TRUM6||6″ METALLIC TRUMPET||DZ||36||$1.80||$0.15|
|PA-SQ500||2.75″X3″ SQUIRT TOY ASSORTMENT 500PCS/CS||CS||1||$125.00||$0.25|
|KC-EMBCL||4″ EMOTICON BUDDY CLIP-ON 24PCS/UNIT||UNIT||12||$7.20||$0.30|
|KC-POMRB||3.25″ RAINBOW FURRY POM POM KEYCHAIN||DZ||24||$5.40||$0.45|
|CA-EMOSS||4″ EMOTICON SLING SHOT||DZ||12||$6.00||$0.50|
|SB-EMORB||6″ EMOTICON RAINBOW VINYL BALL 100PCS/CS||CS||1||$56.00||$0.56|
|JA-MINHA||4″ MINI HANDBAG PURSE WITH STRAP||DZ||12||$7.80||$0.65|
|PF-QEP05||3″X3″ EMOTICON POOP QUBZ PLUSH||DZ||24||$8.40||$0.70|
|CA-EMOT6||6″ EMOTICON GUY||DZ||6||$12.00||$1.00|
|KC-TASJE||10.5″ JEWEL TASSEL CLIP-ON KEYCHAIN||DZ||24||$13.20||$1.10|
|PL-EMODI||3″ EMOTICON DICE PLUSH||DZ||6||$14.40||$1.20|
|ARWILSM||6PC SAFARI ANIMAL SET||PC||72||$1.25||$1.25|
|JA-MESFL||8″X6.5″ FLORAL MESSENGER BAG||DZ||12||$15.00||$1.25|
|FR-SMINL||4.5″ SMILE NIGHT LIGHT||DZ||6||$16.20||$1.35|
|SB-EMC18||18″ EMOTICON VINYL BALL ASST COLORS 48PCS/CS||CS||1||$72.00||$1.50|
|PA-DRAG9||9″ SUPER SOFT MUSTICAL DRAGON||DZ||6||$18.00||$1.50|
|SB-SOCM5||5″ MULTI COLORED SOCCER BALL||PC||48||$1.50||$1.50|
|AT-SAFC6||6pc 2″ BABY SAFARI CHEST||PC||72||$1.60||$1.60|
|HA-EMPPM||EMOTICON POOP POM POM PLUSH HAT||DZ||3||$22.00||$1.83|
|EL-DISBU||9 WATT LIGHT-UP DISCO ROTATING BULB||PC||24||$2.00||$2.00|
|PL-EPR12||12″ RAINBOW EMOTICON POOP PILLOW||PC||12||$2.40||$2.40|
|PF-QEC30||6″X6″ COLORED EMOTICON QUBZ PLUSH||DZ||4||$30.00||$2.50|
|AM-ROBTI||5″ TIGER ROBOT ACTION FIGURE||PC||48||$2.50||$2.50|
|EC-STEHB||7.5″ NEON STEREO HEADPHONES||PC||24||$3.00||$3.00|
|SB-SOCMU||9″ MULTI COLORED SOCCER BALL||PC||48||$3.00||$3.00|
|AM-UMLDB||28″ LADY BUG UMBRELLA||PC||30||$3.20||$3.20|
|ASDCSB2||8pc ANIMAL DIE CAST BOX SET||PC||96||$3.25||$3.25|
|TY-BEASE||18PC BEAUTY SET||PC||36||$3.50||$3.50|
|AP-MPMON||10″ MONKEY MESSENGER BAG PAL PLUSH||PC||24||$3.50||$3.50|
|SB-SMI28||28″ SILLY FACE VINYL BALL WITH HANDLE 4PCS/UNIT||UNIT||3||$14.40||$3.60|
|AM-VETPI||10pc PINK JUNGLE VETERINARIAN KIT||PC||24||$4.20||$4.20|
|Dates||Name/Link||City/Country||Frank ‘the Crank’ Attending/Speaking|
|17-19||EAG International Expo 2017||
|26-28||2017 AMOA State Council Meeting||Tampa, FL||➡ ATTENDING|
|29-31||IAAPA FEC Summit 2017||Scottsdale, AZ|
|7-9||ICE 2017||London, UK|
|9-11||AAA Expo 2017||Guangzhou, China|
|14-16||Amusement Expo 2017||Dallas, TX||➡ ATTENDING|
|27-29||DEAL 2017||Dubai, UAE|
|27-30||CinemaCon 2017||Las Vegas, NV|
|4-6||Birthday University||Chicago, IL||➡ ATTENDING|
💡 FRANK WILL BE PRESENTING A SEMINAR SESSION(S)