In This Section
- REGISTER NOW for the Next Foundations Entertainment University – New Orleans – Prior to Amusement Expo – March 7-8
- There is a STORM coming…
- LAI debuts Outnumbered
- Virtuix Omni Arena is an ELITE FORCE
- Hologate Hits 5 Million
- New Laserforce “Zapping” Tech
- Rick Rochetti Retiring from Bay-Tek Entertainment
- Enhancing our Wi-Fi
- Steve Kerr Understands Leadership
- Rhode Island Novelty Latest Items
- Sureshot Redemption – You can learn some great tips from Meg
REGISTER NOW for the Next Foundations Entertainment University – New Orleans – Prior to Amusement Expo – March 7-8
Foundations Entertainment University # 51
PRIOR to Amusement Expo
Saturday, March 7th, 2020, 1:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Sunday, March 8th, 2020, 8:30 am – 6:00 pm
(optional 1 on 1’s with speakers and vendors @ 7:00 pm)
Hilton New Orleans Riverside
2 Poydras Street, New Orleans, LA 70130
What is Foundations Entertainment University and why should you attend?
Foundations Entertainment University is the entertainment industry’s #1 ranked Educational Seminar Program. We are starting our 18th consecutive year with more than 1500 graduates and 300 Family Entertainment Center’s (FEC’s) who have attended Foundations Entertainment University. Unlike every other program in this industry, our goal is to deliver the complete blueprint from start to finish of how an entertainment venue can be developed for a new person entering the industry or for an existing operator wishing to expand their business. We are the only program that delivers the right combination of seasoned speakers with a track record of success in this industry decade after decade. Our speaking group has successfully developed more facilities than any other speaking group out there. Foundations is your opportunity to be trained by and create lasting relationships with a successful group of industry professionals.
What’s New for 2020?
- Guest speaker slot by a seasoned operator of an entertainment venue to deliver the nuts and bolts of the day to day operations.
- Augmented speaker portfolio with dedicated experts within the vendor and manufacturer base of the industry to provide attendees with a technical understanding of all operational aspects of an entertainment venue.
- “FEC Concept Contest” – individual team presentations of a proposed concept to the expert panel addressing financing, operations, attraction selection and more.
What are the core topics that are covered at Foundations?
- Market Assessment – Selecting the right market for the business. Why is a market study so important in getting the process off the ground?
- Financial Assessment – What can I reasonably afford? How can I finance it? How much capital must I contribute?
- Physical Structure – Do I lease, buy, or build? How much space do I need and what type of infrastructure does the building require?
- Design – What should the facility contain and how should it be laid out? How do I choose and architect and designer? How do I choose a mechanical engineer?
- Build – How much will it cost to a) refurb an existing building, b) build a new building?
- Contractor Selection – How should I go about the process of selecting a contractor and evaluating contractor bids?
- Attractions/Experiences – How do I go about evaluating the various manufacturers? What should I look for in selecting a vendor?
- Amusement Gaming – How important is the games process to the overall performance of the business? How should games be operated?
- IT Integration – What types of systems will this business require to control food service, attractions, employees, accounting?
- Staffing – How shall I hire the staff? What level of training is required? How do I prepare an Operations Manual?
- Food and Beverage Service – What type of food service should I have? How should the kitchen be designed? What size should it be? What code requirements must I meet to pass City code?
- Marketing – How do I market the business? What types are marketing collateral are effective? How should the inside and outside sales departments work?
- Operations – How should the day-to-day operation be coordinated? What are the various roles of management? Who’s responsible for what?
- Performance Monitoring – How should I determine whether the business is performing well? What are the key metrics? What should I do if I’m underperforming?
How much is the Tuition and what does that include?
- Early Bird Registration to February 15, 2020: $395
- Regular Registration after February 15, 2020: $495
- 2 or more people from the same company: 1st person at regular rate; 50% discount for each additional person.
- Registration ends: March 1, 2020
Foundations Tuition includes:
- All Educational Workshops including optional 1 on 1 consultations with speakers and vendors at 7:00 pm on Sunday, March 8th, 2020
- Dinner Saturday, March 7th and Lunch Sunday, March 8th
Questions about Foundations Entertainment University at Amusement Expo New Orleans – March 7-8, 2020?
Please contact Jackie Zilligen Email: [email protected] Cell: 215 262 4409
The Storm™ is Triotech’s new interactive VR coin-op simulator ride. It features 2 motion seats and special effects like wind to provide an amazing and thrilling ride. A one-of-a-kind VR gaming experience in which players interact by simply waving their hands!
Multiplayer, Challenging and Interactive: A new plug & play coin-op simulator with a wide appeal! The hand-gesture interactivity drives replayability as players compete to get the highest score.
* Last week (1/1/20), which was a holiday super peak week, the Storm earned $4,650.
– Footprint required is 50 square feet
– Width: 5’3” (1.6m)
– Length: 9’1” (2.77m)
– Height: 9’6” (2.92m)
What happens when an innovative technology meets a riveting arcade game? Meet Outnumbered, a HUGE success and a showcase piece for LAI Games, officially launched at IAAPA 2019. Outnumbered is a target shooting video game that allows players to unlock rewards after each stage which they can use to create custom weapons and play them back in the game. Through the use of the Outnumbered companion app called Weapon Forge, players can log in at the cabinet to pick from their inventory of weapons and continue their career progress, along with locating games close to them and competing with players all over the world on the live global leaderboards. The game has been a major hit with arcade players.
Virtuix unveiled its latest software for their Omni Theater; ELITE FORCE at Andretti Indoor Karting & Games and it was the response was phenomenal. ELITE FORCE begins by the player descending from parachutes and immediately ensue in an all-out battle. Just like the #1 at-home game, Call of Duty, players gain points by vanquishing their opponents and battling for elite weapons.
You can learn more and see visual components about ELITE FORCE at Global Amusements and Play
Hologate has now entertained 5-Million players. One of the world-leaders in VR, Hologate is proving VR is no-longer a fad ready to disappear but a powerful entity that can increase traffic and value to any entertainment facility.
“This milestone shows the enormous impact this attraction brings to venues all over the world,” said Armando Lanuti, president of Creative Works. “The revenue and ROI numbers are great for operators, but more importantly we love seeing the smiles on customers’ faces when they play.” (Replay Magazine)
Hologate has over 300 operational locations, with locations in Europe, the Middle East, Asia-Pacific region, and the America’s (Hologate)
Since our start in 1987, game-types have always been at the forefront of our development and innovation. Laserforce laser tag is the only system in the world to feature reverse-infrared laser tag (reverse-IR). Commercial laser tag in its early state was developed with forward IR because it was the easiest system to implement at the time. So, is there a real advantage to using reverse IR? The two systems of “zapping” look identical but with reverse IR, the laser tag experience is actually improved! With reverse IR and our built-in technology, we have the ability to give instant feedback to the player. Our phasers include “lock-on” tones, delivered by the shoulder speakers, that notifies the player that they are in fact aiming at another player. This is something that cannot be implemented with forward IR, which is found on all mid to low grade laser tag systems.
Laserforce, one of the original laser tag providers, quickly learned that reverse IR was the future for reliable, accurate and consistent game-play. Unique laser tag vest design also allows for 360 degrees of tag-ability, including the phaser, which elevates our fairness of play. Laserforce has over 100 different game-types that our operators can choose from to play. New players can enjoy our standard game types, which are easy to explain and incredibly fun to play back-to-back. Veteran laser tag players can enjoy our advanced and novelty game-types that are dense with features, requiring heightened focus and skilful game-play to compete.
Every year competitions are held around the world to discover the best team for Space Marines 5. The game’s history goes all the way back to the early 90’s when Laserforce and laser tag were just taking off. The class based game requires intense team work and strategy to eliminate or outscore the competing team. The strategic team foundation and its constant evolution makes it a perfect game for laser tag leagues, e-sport style competitions, and laser tag pros around the world.
After putting in over 40-years of service to the Amusement Industry, Rick Rochetti is retiring. A leader in our industry, his most recent success story a 12-year role as Director of Sales, Rick will be missed dearly by his friends, colleagues, and clients. We at Alpha-Omega Inc. wish Rick nothing but the best and hope the green is truly greener on the other side.
Bay Tek Entertainment, an industry leader in games and entertainment, is pleased to announce its recent hire of Matthew Deith as the new Director of Sales. Matthew will be replacing Rick Rochetti.
Matthew was most recently the Managing Director at Harry Levy Group in the U.K. where he managed global sales. He’s been involved in the amusement industry for over 25 years, where he’s had experience in route operations, family entertainment centers, and gaming venues. He hails from a family with a long history in the industry.
Matthew’s role officially begins February 10, allowing for a smooth transition for customers. Matthew will be based in Bay Tek’s main headquarters in Pulaski, Wisconsin, just outside Green Bay.
Bay Tek Entertainment was founded in 1977 and is a family owned and operated business that is driven to provide fun and profit through innovative entertainment products and services. The employees share one vision of becoming the best in the world at creating awesome entertainment for people of all ages.
No matter what time of year it is, the Internet is an essential part of most households. And if your family is fed up with spotty Wi-Fi, then you might want a stronger wireless signal and to give your loved ones the gift of the best router.
Between the debut ofand a surge of options , you’ve certainly got a lot to consider.
Editor’s Note: Trying to write an email to a client and keep getting kicked off the Internet? Or are you in the middle of watching the latest from Arcade Matt (check him out, 1.68M subs) and your video keeps buffering at the 1 minute mark? We’ve all been there; our kids playing Fortnite, streaming their own videos, or Alexa streaming a “How-To” cooking video. Check out the latest article from CNET and your dilemma will be solved. From mesh access points to the latest Wi-Fi 6 technology, these devices will help raise your productivity ten-fold (or assist in binge watching the Game of Throne’s series).
What does an NBA basketball Coach have to do with the Amusement Industry? Easy, building a championship team is not just for Sports, it is for every industry in the World. Enjoy this piece from Inc.com and learn the 6 leadership skills Steve Kerr uses to build Championships Teams.
- Meg Bonnichsen, Sales
- [email protected]
Important TRR Disclaimer
This communication is not intended for public circulation or publication or for the use of any third party, without the approval of The Redemption & FEC Report (TRR-FEC). While based on information from sources considered reliable, its accuracy and completeness cannot be guaranteed. Any opinions expressed reflect our judgment at this date and are subject to change without notice. Errors and omissions excepted. TRR-FEC, its directors, and employees do not accept any liability for the results of any actions taken or not taken on the basis of this communication, or for any negligent misstatements, errors or omissions provided by our sources and published in good faith. Subjects of these reports who wish to report further news, suggest corrections or provide additional context are welcome to contact TRR-FEC. TRR-FEC reserves the right to publish any emails submitted to us. All content and copyright are retained by TRR-FEC, while all brands and company names remain the property of their respective owners, 2008-2020. The information contained in this report cannot be used without the express permission of TRR-FEC.
In This Section
- Hottest New Games – Thumbs Up
- Top 72 Ranking Redemption-Merchandiser-Video-Novelty Games Combined December 2019
- Test Games Spreadsheets Covering Alpha-Omega Amusements Test Location
- Top 20 Merchandisers Ranking Combined Spreadsheet December 2019
Here’s the Ticket!
- Ticket Ring Jumbo 45” Rank #1 is by far the Top-Earning Game
- Treasure Dome 4 Pl (UNIS) continues to be the biggest new surprise Ranking #2
- Power Roll is a great game and is showing consistent Top 10 Revenues
- Virtual Rabbids Ranked #5 overall and is the #1 video game still but Storm from Triotech is getting close at Rank #8
- Storm – You should note rank #8 is overall, and I believe it ranked #2 in video.
- There are 5 Merchandisers (includes plush, cards, tokens, or ticket awards) rank in the Overall Top 10. This shows that players want to win more than just a single prize from a crane or points from a redemption game. COLLECTING IS NOW KING
The AEM/Alpha Teams Gives a Thumbs Up to the following New Test Games and Old Work Horses (Must Have’s) based on their revenues during the months of November/December 2019
- Ticket Ring Jumbo 45” at #1 and a cost of less than $5,000 is a ‘no brainer’.
- Connect4 Hoops stays in the Top 12 for all 2019. My take is that this game will be a Work Horse for years to come!!! Another ‘no-brainer’ if you have the ceiling height.
- Treasure Dome 4 Pl is a special game that all FEC’s should take note of.
- Virtual Rabbids 2 Pl remains at Rank #5. Virtual Rabbids is still by far the best video game on the Planet. (See YouTube Video featuring Malcolm Steinberg, Chairman LAI). Virtual Rabbids now has 3 new software games.
Advice: If you are considering buying a new game and you have waited 12 months to make a decision (and you do not have a lot of space) and you do not have a Ticket Ring Jumbo 45”, you should label yourself as a ‘Primo/Prima Procrastinator’. If you are waiting to get one at a low ‘used’ price, you may have to wait another 100 months as I do not see any sane person trading one in any time soon!!!
Apple Face Place Photo Booth-Air Hockey (Firestorm)-Video Games are Included
Special Games to Keep Track Of
Newest Games are Highlighted in Yellow
Frank ‘the Crank’ Designed Games
|Rank #||Top 74 Combined ALL Games||Merchandise Dispensing||Rank||Video & Novelty Rankings|
|Linked Game Rank As a Pair Combined|
|1||Ticket Ring Jumbo 45″||Ticket Ring Jumbo 45″||1|
|3||E-Claw 900 2 Pl||E-Claw 900 2 Pl||2|
|4||Wizard of Oz 6 Pl|
|5||Virtual Rabbids 2 Pl||#1 VIDEO|
|6||DC Superheroes 4 Pl|
|8||Storm 2 Pl||New 12/20||#2 VIDEO|
|9||Connect 4 Basketball|
|10||SpongeBob Pineapple Arcade 2 Pl|
|12||Mega Stacker||Mega Stacker||3|
|13||Fun Zone Crane||Fun Zone Crane||4|
|14||Monster Drop Extreme|
|16||Space Invader Frenzy 2 Pl|
|18||Mega Triple Crane-1 Bay Ticket Bundles||Mega Triple Crane-1 Bay Ticket Bundles||5|
|19||Jurassic World Island Escape|
|22||Whack N Win|
|23||Knock it Off Rotary 4 Pl w/Ticket Rolls||Knock it Off Rotary 4 Pl w/Ticket Rolls||6|
|25||Ticket Time Crane 1 Pl||Ticket Time Crane 1 Pl||7|
|26||Big Choice Crane 2 Pl||Big Choice Crane 2 Pl||8|
|28||Big Bass Wheel #2 Linked||#2|
|29||Ice Man 2 Pl|
|30||Down the Clown #2||#1|
|31||Lane Master 2 Pl|
|32||Down the Clown #1|
|33||Mighty Mini Rotary||Mighty Mini Rotary||9|
|34||Fishbowl Frenzy A Linked||#3|
|35||Giga Crane 1 Pl||Giga Crane 1 Pl||10|
|39||Big Bass Wheel #1 Linked|
|40||Magic Shot (Replaced iCube)||Magic Shot (Replaced iCube)||11|
|41||Bean Bag Toss|
|42||Fishbowl Frenzy B Linked|
|43||Coconut Bash #2||#4|
|44||Wheel Of Fortune|
|46||Typhoon Lagoon SD 2 Pl||#3 VIDEO|
|47||Prize Aquarium||Prize Aquarium||12|
|49||Wile E Coyote’s Rocket Wheel|
|51||Coconut Bash #1|
|52||Tickets Tickets Tickets||Tickets Tickets Tickets||13|
|54||Super Bikes 3 #2||#4 VIDEO|
|55||Hoop Fever #2|
|56||Super Bikes 3 #1||#5 VIDEO|
|57||Air Hockey #1||#1 NOVELTY|
|58||Key Catcher #2 w/Ticket Strips||Key Catcher #2 w/Ticket Strips||14|
|61||Spin N Win 6′ Dia.|
|62||Crank It Revolution 2 Pl|
|63||Cruis’n Blast #3||#6 VIDEO|
|64||Photo Booth Sapphire|
|65||Slither 3 Pl|
|66||Cruis’n Blast #4||#7 VIDEO|
|67||Black Hole Merchandiser|
|69||Snowboarders #1||#8 VIDEO|
|71||Snowboarders #2||#9 VIDEO|
|BEST OF THE BEST WORKHORSES|
|WORKHORSES IN GREEN||Rev/Game|
|NEWEST TEST GAMES IN YELLOW||$861|
|OTHER WORKHORSE GAMES||72 Games||Good Week|
|Test Location-High Volume (NE)||Wk Ending||Rev/Game||Payout %|
|Air Hockey #1||12-24-19||$360|
|Bean Bag Toss||12-24-19||$596||27%|
|Big Bass Wheel #1 Linked||12-24-19||$622||22%|
|Big Bass Wheel #2 Linked||12-24-19||$866||25%|
|Big Choice Crane 2 Pl||12-24-19||$984||18%|
|Black Hole Merchandiser||12-24-19||$277||24%|
|Bug Cruncher (Set Up 5-29-19)||12-24-19||$514||28%|
|Centipede Chaos 3 Pl (Set Up 3-13-19)||12-24-19||$916||20%|
|Coconut Bash A (Set Up 3-6-19)||12-24-19||$446||27%|
|Coconut Bash B (Set Up 3-6-19)||12-24-19||$578||27%|
|Connect4 Hoops 2 Pl||12-24-19||$1,743||26%|
|Crank It Revolution 2 Pl||12-24-19||$314||40%|
|Crossy Road Updated (Set Up 5-2-18)||12-24-19||$466||31%|
|Crusin Blast SD A of 2 Linked||12-24-19||$311|
|Crusin Blast SD B of 2 Linked||12-24-19||$280|
|DC Super Heros 4 Pl (Set up 1-4-17)||12-24-19||$2,208||26%|
|Dicey Jump (Set Up 9-23-19)||12-24-19||$316||17%|
|Down the Clown A||12-24-19||$761||19%|
|Down the Clown B||12-24-19||$803||18%|
|Dragon Hunter (Set Up 5-23-18)||12-24-19||$482||27%|
|E-Claw 900 2Pl Crane||12-24-19||$3,236||26%|
|Fishbowl Frenzy A Linked||12-24-19||$696||45%|
|Fishbowl Frenzy B Linked||12-24-19||$580||14%|
|Fun Zone Crane 1 Pl||12-24-19||$1,262||18%|
|Giga Crane 1 Pl||12-24-19||$670||32%|
|Gum Drop (Set Up 1-24-18)||12-24-19||$418||21%|
|Hoop Fever #2||12-24-19||$374||18%|
|Ice Man 2 Pl (Set up 6-7-17)||12-24-19||$842||22%|
|Jurassic World Island Escape||12-24-19||$1,122||22%|
|Key Catcher #2 w/Ticket Strips||12-24-19||$332||38%|
|Knock It Off Rotary 4 Pl w/Ticket Rolls||12-24-19||$1,071||28%|
|Lane Master (Set Up 9-13-17)||12-24-19||$783||25%|
|Magic Shot (I-Cube Conversion)||12-24-19||$614||15%|
|Mega Triple Crane-1 Bay Ticket Bundles||12-24-19||$1,127||25%|
|Mighty Mini Rotary||12-24-19||$716||29%|
|Monster Drop Extreme||12-24-19||$1,256||63%|
|NERF (Set Up 3-6-19)||12-24-19||$1,216||30%|
|Photo Booth Sapphire||12-24-19||$310|
|Pixel Chase (Set Up 2-27-19)||12-24-19||$654||33%|
|Power Roll (Set Up 7-11-19)||12-24-19||$2,108||31%|
|Prize Aquariam (Set Up 1-2-19)||12-24-19||$510||41%|
|Red Zone (Set Up 9-12-19)||12-24-19||$1,116||18%|
|Ring Toss (Set Up 4-4-18)||12-24-19||$1,025||27%|
|Scooby Doo (Set Up 12-13-17)||12-24-19||$668||25%|
|Slither 3 Pl (Set up 10-31-18)||12-24-19||$302||26%|
|Snowboarders #1 Linked (Set Up 4-4-18)||12-24-19||$235|
|Snowboarders #2 Linked (Set Up 4-4-18)||12-24-19||$206|
|Space Invader Frenzy (Set up 1-4-17)||12-24-19||$1,168||40%|
|Spin N Win 6′ Dia.||12-24-19||$316||17%|
|SpongeBob Pineapple Arcade 2 Pl||12-24-19||$1,370||27%|
|Squiggle (Set Up 5-23-18)||12-24-19||$204||26%|
|Storm 2 Pl||new 12/20||$1,805|
|Super Bikes 3 A Linked (Set Up 5-29-19)||12-24-19||$364|
|Super Bikes 3 B Linked (Set Up 5-29-19)||12-24-19||$413|
|Ticket Ring Jumbo (Set-Up 9-6-18)||12-24-19||$3,544||27%|
|Ticket Time Crane 1 Pl – Alpha Ticket Rolls||12-24-19||$1,018||28%|
|Tickets-Tickets-Tickets Crane (Set Up 4-4-19)||12-24-19||$440||28%|
|Treasure Dome (Set Up 3-13-19)||12-24-19||$3,378||32%|
|Typhoon Lagoon2 Pl Video||12-24-19||$514|
|Virtual Rabbids VR (Set Up 4-4-18)||12-24-19||$2,355|
|Whack N Win 11 Ft.||12-24-19||$1,078||23%|
|Wheel of Fortune Jumbo||12-24-19||$532||25%|
|Wilie E Coyote’s Rocket Wheel (Set Up 4-24-19)||12-24-19||$479||41%|
|Willy Crash (Set-Up 10-9-18)||12-24-19||$629||43%|
|Wizard of Oz 6 Pl||12-24-19||$2,518||32%|
|Game Name||Income||Cost of prizes||%||Plush||Comments|
|Big Choice Double A||$564.00||$112.00||19.86%||Figet Squidgets|
|Big Choice Double B||$420.00||$61.60||14.67%||Belly Buddies/Polar Bears|
|Big Choice Total||$984.00||$173.60||17.64%||#26|
|E-Claw 900 A||$2,100.00||$668.10||31.81%||Pokemon|
|E-Claw 900 B||$1,136.00||$165.90||14.60%||Belly Buddies|
|Mega Triple A||$317.00||$93.50||29.50%||5′ Pinguins|
|Mega Triple B||$517.00||$121.91||23.58%||Treasure Chests|
|Mega Triple C||$293.00||$70.30||23.99%||Tickets-100/150’s|
|Mega Triple Total||$1,127.00||$285.71||25.35%||#18|
|Fun Zone Crane||$1,262.00||$225.34||17.86%||Ticket balls||#13|
|Key Catcher 2||$332.00||$127.68||38.46%||59|
|Mega Stacker||$1,310.00||$871.92||66.56%||2 prizes won||#12|
|Ticket Ring Jumbo 45″||$3,544.00||$949.62||26.80%||#1|
|Magic Shot||$614.00||$0.00||0.00%||paid high last week||#39|
|DC Super Heroes||$2,208.00||$579.72||26.26%||#6|
|Black Hole Merch.||$277.00||$67.00||24.19%||#68|
Important TRR Disclaimer
This communication is not intended for public circulation or publication or for the use of any third party, without the approval of The Redemption & FEC Report (TRR-FEC). While based on information from sources considered reliable, its accuracy and completeness cannot be guaranteed. Any opinions expressed reflect our judgment at this date and are subject to change without notice. Errors and omissions excepted. TRR-FEC, its directors, and employees do not accept any liability for the results of any actions taken or not taken on the basis of this communication, or for any negligent misstatements, errors or omissions provided by our sources and published in good faith. Subjects of these reports who wish to report further news, suggest corrections or provide additional context are welcome to contact TRR-FEC. TRR-FEC reserves the right to publish any emails submitted to us.
All content and copyright are retained by TRR-FEC, while all brands and company names remain the property of their respective owners, 2008-2020. The information contained in this report cannot be used without the express permission of TRR-FEC.