Party Center Software (PCS) has published the 2nd edition of its ‘Online Party Booking Study’, designed to give operators a deeper understanding of customer preferences and behaviors when it comes to online party and event searches. PCS knows parties as it has helped family entertainment center operators run more efficiently and book over four million parties, with over US$2 Billion worth of transactions processed through Party Center’s system since its founding in 2006.
Some of the highlights of the report are (per InterGame):
- “Women were behind 86.8 % of all parties booked online. While women booked the majority, the study found that some men seemed more inclined to book over the phone or in person than online.
- Four to six-year-olds were the largest “guest of honor” age group. A child’s age influences purchasing decisions at family entertainment centers. There seems to be a desire to make birthdays extra special around the time when socializing starts becoming important for kids.
- 21.4 % of party hosts booked their party less than one week before the event date. Some people seem to wait until the last minute to do things, and there’s no exception with parties booked online. If there are a few time slots available for party rooms, there’s a good chance to get takers if the right message is sent out at the right time.”
Additional information from the Study:
- What is the average revenue for parties and eCommerce purchases?
- When are parties booked, broken down by month, week, and by hour.
- Everything about Waivers
- Upselling is successful online
Below is the link where you can download the PCS Booking Study for Free:
About Party Center Software. Scott Drummond, President, founded Party Center Software in 2006 after having purchased ‘Bounceopolis’ and run this soft play venue for 12 months previously in El Dorado Hills, California. The decision to automate key aspects of his business was born from his experience of the struggles of managing staff, vendors, and customers.
For more information call 916-978-1111 or email Megan Hawkins – [email protected]
What this could mean? Knowledge is King and the PSC Study information is very beneficial to our entire industry. I have had the benefit for the past several years of listening to the PSC presentations of Megan Hawkins or Scott at each of the Foundations Entertainment University programs and they keep astounding me with important statistics about how to increase Facility revenues and improve operating efficiencies that also apply to any business. I have also had the opportunity to interview Scott Drummond recently and his insights about our great industry are open, honest, and right on target.